Skip to main content.
DescriptionWare Union comprised the following parishes: Broxbourne, Eastwick, Gilston, Great Amwell, Great Munden, Hoddesdon, Hunsdon, Little Munden, Standon, Stanstead Abbots, Stanstead St Margaret, Thundridge, Ware, Widford and Wormley. The Poor Law Institution, built in 1840, was called Western House from 1930. It became a home for the elderly (see HSS10/13) and was closed in 1983. When the functions of the Boards of Guardians passed to the County Council in 1930, the Ware Board of Guardians was succeeded by the East Herts Guardians Committee (see HCC37D and HSS3/5 and Off Acc 1184).
For details of provenance and numeration system see the introduction to BG.
Items BG/WAR77-103 were not formerly numbered, BG/WAR77-79 were formerly part of Off Acc 500; BG/WAR102 was formerly part of Off Acc 211.

Numbers not used: BG/WAR/29-32,50,52,56,59,67-68,76
View TreeCBG/WAR
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019