Skip to main content.
 
HalsRefNoDP/29
TitleCHESHUNT, ST MARY THE VIRGIN
PARISH RECORDS
DescriptionParish church: St Mary
Date1559 - 2010
LevelFonds
View TreeCDP29
AdminHistoryThe parish church of the ancient parish of Cheshunt is dedicated to St Mary. By a conveyance dated 10th June 1891 land in Cheshunt Wash was sold to the Bishop of St Albans by John Earley Cook esq, on which St Clement's Church and school were subsequently built as a chapel of ease to the parish church of St Mary. In 1995 St Clement's, Turnford became a Conventional District within the parish. Little St Mary's, formerly known as the Windmill Lane Mission and later as St Mary's Mission, was another chapel of ease within the parish and functioned between 1913 and 1976.
Places
CodeSet
PC296Cheshunt Parish/Hertford Hundred/Hertfordshire
PC296Cheshunt Parish/Hertford Hundred/Hertfordshire
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2018